22 June 2012

 Last Wednesday I didn't have to go in to work until 1100, so I was home to send my children off to school.  Wednesday's, in our district, are "collaboration days" where school starts an hour late so the teacher's can plan for the week, get caught up on work, and get together to brainstorm.  Or goof off and smoke reefer, I don't know.  On one hand, it has cut down on the amount of full days the kids are out of school for teacher workshop days.  On the other, they still had it this week,  it was the last week of school,  the last day of school was Thursday and  only a half day, and what the hell?  Don't get me started.  This is actually not the story of today's message.  The story is this:

I blearily came downstairs, let the dogs out, and started breakfast for the kids, since I was actually there to feed them breakfast.  FB was already downstairs, dressed and ready to go.  As was SoS, but he was asleep on the couch and had been when FB came down.  No idea how long the kid had been there since it was barely 7 am, I don't sleep all that well, and I know I was awake at 0600.  Whatever.  Still not the point.  After FB ate breakfast and went upstairs to brush his teeth, the dogs were ready to be let in.  I let in that freak of nature Labrador, and he immediately ran to FB's book bag and started rummaging around like a prize winning truffle hunting pig.  I walked over to find out what the deal-e-o was and he pulls two pieces of pizza out of this book bag. What the frick-a-frack-a-bunny-a-cracka? As I beat back this dog, FB comes downstairs.
Me: "Dude, why is there pizza in your bookbag?"
FB  "I wanted some for lunch."
Me:  "That's fine.  But a) you need to ask first; I would have let you and b) wrap it or put it in some kind of container!"

Yes, folks, my 13 year old son just shoved unwrapped pizza into his book bag along with what ever binders, textbooks, and whatever random homework he had to turn in for the rest of the year.  Good thing the last days of school are a complete waste of time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, GO!