20 July 2008

What, now?

I think we all can agree that everyone needs love. Maslow set that forth in his hierarchy of needs. Although, Maslow put sex in the base of the pyramid (I agree!) and love/family/belonging third up in the chain on the way to self actualization. I think more along the lines of love is equally, if not more, important than sex, but then, I'm a chick and Maslow was a dude. Venus/Mars thing, I guess.

So, my point is that we all want a connection and in this fast paced world of do all, be all, achieve all, meeting people and dating has gotten regulated to online dating. Which is not a problem. You meet all sorts of interesting people online; some of my favorite people are online. :D For the most part, I believe most dating sites are pretty benign, and I personally know people who have found their life mate on dating sites. I have no strong feelings one way or another with eHarmony, Match.com, or any of the bigger websites. My problem stems from these three:

Wealthymen.com, Sugardaddie.com, Plentyoffish.com.

Now, I have not been on any of these sites, I'm pretty happy with my lot in life right now, but even if I weren't, these would be the last three I would visit. What kind of a world do we live in where the "hook" as it were, is advertising a person's wealth as a admirable attribute? Where are the reallysmartmenwhomakeyoulaugh.com websites? Or the hasajobhelikestreatsyourightandwillalwaysbethereforyou.com? Heh? Do the men on wealthymen and sugardaddie really think they will find the love of their lives and not some ho looking for a free ride? And what do the women that apply to such sites think they will have to do to snag one of these sugardaddies? I'm sorry but dog collars, ball gags, and saran wrap are not my style. (Well, maybe the saran wrap, but only if it were tastefully done. With whipped cream. I digress.)

So in the spirit of all things romantic...here are the Romantics


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, GO!