28 July 2008

"Pew" is right

I was perusing This Ain't Hell and, while reading a post, decided to go here and take the quiz regarding my general news knowledge. I try to stay fairly hip on current events, although I also try to stay mum on most subjects because I have enough angst in my life and confrontation ain't my bag, baby. If it were, I'd probably be dukin' it out with the Quaker at work over the throat-cutting, asinine, incomprehensible decisions she's been making, rather than stewing in my own pudding as it were.

Imagine my horror at my score: 69 (heh. sorry.) percentile. What the hell?!? I can't suck that bad! Apparently I can. In my defense, the ones I missed were economic in nature (and we all know how I feel about that. I dropped Veterinary Medicine as a major because of Agricultural Economics...I just can't wrap my head around anything featuring that word. And hell, I marked the Dow was around 10,000, I was only off by 2,000 points. I think I should have a gimme on that one), about the Senate majority leader (I picked an old one) and I wrong clicked the last question (I knew it was Kosovo, dammit, my line of sight was off!!!).

Wanna know what was more horrifying? The scores for the national average were 50th percentile, college grads were in the 63rd percentile (while high school or less were 29th), my age group (30-49) were in the 48th percentile (still beating out the socially conscious 18-29 demographic with 30th percentile) and (the absolute most shocking) women ranked a pathetic 39th percentile. Can't tell you Hugo Chavez is the president of Venezuela, but know that Oprah backs Obama. Good grief! Let's turn off American Idol and flip on over to Anderson Cooper, CNN, the Daily Show, ANYTHING! At least Anderson Cooper and Jon Stewart are nice to look at. And hey! You can always marvel at Cooper being a Vanderbilt!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you read This Ain't Hell. I think the point of that post was to say women shouldn't be able to vote, haha. Well, once suffrage happened, prohibition was not far behind. (kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, according to COB6, I can still vote, but I should stick to the basics!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, GO!