13 September 2008

1 Week

SoS got off the bus on Friday after his first full week of Kindergarten and this conversation ensued:

"How was your day? Any x's or frowny faces?"

"No! And I didn't go to the principal's office!"

What? This would, naturally, cause any suspicious mother of SoS, namely me, to inquire as to whether said child had EVER been to the principal's office. Which, of course, he answered in the negative. No, it was his friend who had gone to the office after biting SoS in an altercation. As it is my weekend to work, they boys were turfed to my parents' house. Settled back at home, contemplating a night of food and gambling, I received a phone call from my best friend, laughing hysterically:

"Why didn't you tell me SoS had been to the office?"

"That little shit! He told me he didn't go! I'll call you back!'

It seems my BFF's daughter had seen SoS in the office and proceeded to rat him out when she got home. I called to talk to my little felon:

"Dude, did you go to the principal's office?"

"Why?"

"Someone said you were in there."

"No, I had to take my friend to the office. I didn't do nothin'!"

Now, I'd like to believe that my offspring would be honest and was expressing his outrage that I would question his integrity. However, I don't call him Spawn of Satan for nothing. An archeological dig of his backpack yielded a note and a behavior log. Wadded up into a ball and hidden in the bottom.

I'm so screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, GO!