24 May 2008

Pain

I am tired of man's inhumanity to man. I want to understand how we can't just be decent to one another. How is it that, in a difference of opinion, or conflict we as humans can't just treat one another with simple respect? How can someone look at a person and not realize we are the same, and not treat that person better than one would a rabid dog? Do you know how hard it is to watch someone's life implode in front of you? To sit there and realize that person's life has now taken a turn from which they may not recover? Knowing that the soul-searing ache you feel is not even a fraction of the deepening avalanche, the crush of despondency that the person is experiencing? All you can do is grit your teeth, attempt to buoy up this individual and hide your own fears in the face of theirs. It is a energy sapping excercise in mental exhaustion.

My cure was to visit Michael the Extremely Gay Hairdresser (fine job as usual) and hammer back 4 pieces of dark chocolate with chili peppers. I then came home and passed out on the couch for two hours with a warm cat on my lap and a laughing dog at my feet. How is it our little 4 legged shadows can sense our need? Thank goodness they do.

Then there is always my little Downey Flake and the Dance of the Irrepressible White Boy. Never fails to cheer me up. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Okay, GO!