26 May 2008

What's In A Name?

I've been thinking. Dangerous territory, I know. But it has come to my attention that the designation "Number One Son" may be misconstrued as me having a trifle more regard for one child over the other. This thought had been niggling the back of my brain for some time and then two co-workers questioned the background of "NOS" within the space of one week. Thus, I have decided to change the alias of my first born to, well, First Born. Simple enough. SoS will remain SoS. It is apt and fitting, especially after today. But that is another story.

I have now assuaged my conscience, and given relief to my friends regarding my children. I have also diverted the alternate reality of SoS standing in a tower on some college campus, high-powered rifle at the ready, screaming "Mom loved him best!" at the top of his lungs. Either that, or he would become a some "splatter artist" painter expressing his angst and suffering for his craft. Whatever.



Conversation with SoS after being sprung from solitary confinement this evening:

"Mama, guess what I'm going to do at Albertson's?"

"What?"

"I'm gonna let you get me a secret toy."

"Are you now?"

"Yeah, but don't tell FB, it'll be a secret toy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, GO!