09 May 2008

The Zombie in Me

I am going in to work at 0300. I might get called in before that. I can't sleep. I'm tired, nearly exhausted, from the oh-so-fun day of being jerked around the unit and the late night last night, but can't quite seem to put myself over the edge. Is it the Sudafed? The 24oz can of Amp? My own freakin' insomnia that kicks in whenever it stays light past 8 pm? About 0500 this am, this will kick me in the ass, and I will start babbling like a squirrel on speed, becoming more manic as the hours pass, until I crash and wander the floor in a semi-comatose state praying for death and muttering "brains" under my breath. And it's my own fault. When will I learn? Apparently, the lure of filthy lucre (and wanting to spend time in my true atmosphere) is too great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, GO!