12 January 2009

Day without Pepsi


My head around about 10 am today



So starts my first day without Pepsi. Why am I quitting Pepsi you may ask? Go ahead, I'll wait. After a long and loving relationship, I thought it was perhaps time we parted ways. I believe if you are so dependent on a beverage that you have to leave the bosom of your family on Christmas day to make a Pepsi run because you are about to run a marathon without leaving a 4 foot square area, perhaps a step back is needed. That and the fact that Pepsi has changed it's logo to an ugly ass sphere of conformity.


(h/t to Lt Nixon for the heads up on the change in the logo)
Is it moi, or does this look familiar? My grandfather thinks the current logo looks like his 8th Army patch, so I guess everyone has differing opinions on the aesthetics. I think we should just go back to the logo from the mid 1980s: simple, pure, Pepsi.




Tougher than I thought!

I could survive for 57 seconds chained to a bunk bed with a velociraptor

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am sitting here with a pile of empty pepsi cans and at least four or five empty cardboard fridge pack boxes under my desk. I have tried quitting four times, my most successful being three weeks. I wish you much better luck than my own tries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've fallen off the wagon a few times; but I'm in good company with the trying-to-reform-smoker in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, GO!