15 March 2010

Anything Worth Having Is Worth A Fight/ You've Got To Kick At the Darkness 'Til It Bleeds Daylight

As I was mowing the lawn today (damn early spring!) my iPod fortuitously shuffled some great songs into my ears. One of those was Crazy Bitch, but these are the ones I thought I'd share.
The title of the post is my favorite lyric from one of my favorite songs. I didn't post the original video because it drips with 1980s cheese, and I thought it would detract from the song. (Stop this one after the singing.)

It was covered by The Barenaked Ladies, and they did a great job, but I posted this version because not many people know Bruce Cockburn.


Another great cover (by The Killers) of a song with a horrible '80s video on the original. The music starts at 1:30.

I know it was Dire Straits song first, but I seem to like this one better. Fickle, I know. "All I do is kiss you through the bars of a rhyme."

Alice Cooper and Muppets

This, my friends, is why The Muppet Show will always be cool!

Last but not least:

Hell yes, I have this on my iPod. And I sing it at the top of my lungs, thus cementing my nerdly status.

3 comments:

  1. All good songs and I like your versions. And can I say, GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY HEAD GIRL!!!!!!! I swear on my mother I almost posted "I think I Love you" last week. Weird. ur scarin me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you likey...and that's truly weird there is another person out there who likes I Think I Love You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Cassidy is at Epcot this weekend. =( I wanna go.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, GO!