17 March 2010

SoS wanted to snuggle and watch a movie tonight after Talent show practice. His choice was Ponyo, a trippy Japanese anime flick by the same guy who did Howl's Moving Castle and My Friend Totoro. It's based on The Little Mermaid (the Hans Christen Anderson version, not the Disney one), and the first scene is underwater involving a fish that looks like a giant vulva with undulating labia. I think I've been doing my job too long. I had to wash the weirdness out of my brain with Casablanca

Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.
Major Strasser: We have a complete dossier on you: Richard Blaine, American, age 37. Cannot return to his country. The reason is a little vague. We also know what you did in Paris, Mr. Blaine, and also we know why you left Paris.
[hands the dossier to Rick]
Major Strasser: Don't worry, we are not going to broadcast it.
Rick: [reading] Are my eyes really brown?


*snerk*

Showed the longboarding vid at work for those who aren't on Facebook or read my blog (what??? the Deuce, you say!), and was chastised by a crotchety yahoo for thinking my children getting injured was funny. They hardly bled and they even thought the video was worth a laugh; lighten up! (Pssst! I think someone needs to get laid. And for once, I'm not referring to myself!)

2 comments:

  1. STOP talking about my sex life (or lack thereof) on the internet!!!!! lol j/k.

    and "the first scene is underwater involving a fish that looks like a giant vulva with undulating labia" umm, thanks, now I'm gonna have to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know we have one more thing in common. Dammit.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, GO!